Bamboo and The Block Shop
You know how PrintWild feels about bamboo, with our Bamboo Deep Frame and Box Frame (one of my personal favourites).
We are continually looking for great decor brands that you could use alongside ours, that when we heard about The Block Shop we were blown away!
Ali (the nicest person) and Rich started out with the Dippy Egg Board in 2011, and after it’s huge success continued to design and manufacture practical bamboo boards for a foodie’s kitchen. All of their products are beautifully hand-crafted, making them not only functional, but stylish as well. Every block can be created with a custom engraving or logo, so they make the perfect gifts!
They have a wide range of functional products that make dinners, parties and get-togethers so much easier.
Because it’s gorgeous! The Block Shop goes to some extra, very important lengths to make sure their product is absolutely perfect.
- The A-grade Bamboo The Block Shop uses is manufactured to surpass strict EU guidelines on toxiticy and emmisions, ensuring the bamboo is food safe and sustainably grown.
- While other trees take roughly 50 years to grow to maturity, bamboo takes 3 to 6 years until it is ready to harvest for the first time. Harvesting doesn’t kill the “tree” either, and once harvested the second time around it grows even quicker, making it a very sustainable natural resource.
- Bamboo is a very hard material, harder than ‘hard’ woods yet lighter in weight which makes it easier to handle in the kitchen. The hard characteristic of this material adds to the longevity of your block.
- Aside from being environmentally preserving , bamboo is a very hygienic “wood” to use in your kitchen when it comes to chopping veg and carving meat or fish.
- Bamboo is kind to your knives and it is more scratch resilient than other wood.
- So while supporting the longevity of our environment, you have will also have a life long friend for your kitchen.