Take Great Holiday Family Photos
Holidays are the perfect time to photograph your family and take some holiday family photos; here are a few tips on how to get a great shot:
8 Tips for Taking Happy Family Photos this Holiday:
- Don’t say cheese! Try taking some candid shots, these are often the best.
- Take a lot of family photos on holiday, when you photograph a group it’s difficult to get everyone looking good in the same picture so you’ll need a few to choose from.
- Be ready to take advantage of opportunities, have your camera handy for that split-second moment when your baby opens their gift.
- Avoid hard shadows, try not shoot outdoors between 11am and 3pm or put the sun behind them and use a pop-up flash as fill in light for their faces.
- Turn your flash off indoors if possible, reducing those hard flashed-out subjects. Use natural light where you can e.g. standing your subject next to a window.
- Choose an uncluttered clean background; don’t let the background be the focus.
- Wear simple clothing, avoid clashing colours and make sure everyone is comfortable.
- Have fun so the kids remember the holiday family photo shoot as a positive experience.
It’s not about the perfect shot; it’s about having a great time together and documenting that. Recording fun times together is the focus and that’ll show through in your photos.
Enjoy spending time with your loved ones this festive season, we look forward to seeing our studio filled with happy holiday family photos in 2015.